Ohh! So you are trying to Activate Garmin inReach Mini Gps Satellite Communicator but don’t know how to do that. Isn’t it? You don’t have to be worried about anything now because we are here to help you.
If talking about Garmin inReach then it’s a small, rugged, and lightweight satellite communicator. It can enable two-way messaging while using 100 percent of the Global Iridium Network. But, to take the benefit of it, you would require a satellite subscription.
In this guide, we are going to talk about Garmin inReach Activation, how to send a message using the inReach device, and at last, we will discuss some troubleshooting methods.
If you want to take the help of some expert then dial the Garmin inReach Customer Service number now. In a minimum time, our technicians will provide you the answers to all the questions that are running in your head now.
How To Activate Garmin inReach Device?
If you have just bought the Garmin inReach device then you will have to activate it first. To activate the Garmin inReach, create an official account first, turn ON the Gps device, follow the instructions given on the screen, wait for a while until the device activation process will not be completed.
- Go to the official website of Garmin and then create an account there. In a minimum time, your account will be created.
- Unpack your Garmin inReach device carefully and then turn it ON.
- When you turn ON the Gps device, you will have to do some settings to activate Garmin inReach mini.
- On your Gps device, press the power button to turn ON the device.
- You will be asked to choose from the different languages. Use the up and down button to select your language. For confirmation, press OK and proceed further.
- Complete the Activation of Garmin inReach by choosing an inReach satellite subscription.
- Sync and update the inReach Mini with the help of inReach sync.
After Following The Instructions…
- After following all the above-given instructions for Garmin Gps Software inReach, go outside in an open area with a clear sky view.
- Now, you will have to wait until the device will not complete its communication with the Iridium® satellite network.
- This process may take 20 minutes to Activate Garmin inReach. The device will send and receive a number of messages that take a much longer time.
You have successfully completed the Garmin inReach Activation. Now, the device is all yours and you can use it anywhere.
Note: If you don’t want to face any issue while using the Gps device then a regular Garmin Gps Update is very necessary.
How To Send A Message To An inReach Device?
We are going to tell you 4 easy ways with the help of which you can easily send the message after Activate Garmin inReach device.
1. Replying To An inReach SMS Messages
- First, you would need to view the received SMS messages.
- In the text, type your reply and send it.
- Next time when your device will connect with the Iridium satellite, your device will receive a reply then.
2. Replying To An inReach Email Message
- If you want to view the inReach location and full text of the email messages then you would need to visit the link that you have received in the email messages.
- In your reply box, type the reply and click on Send. Soon, the message will be delivered to inReach.
3. Send A Message With The Help Of inReach MapShare
If you want to send the messages from the MapShare then it is necessary to enable the MapShare for the device. Also, set the options of the MapShare so that the visitors can message to the device.
- First, you would need to visit the MapShare page for the purpose of inReach device to be messaged.
- Choose the inReach device.
- Click on Message and in the “Send Message” window enter the email or phone number.
- Tap on Send.
- Next time when the inReach device will be connected to the Iridium satellite network, you will receive a reply.
4. Using inReach to inReach Communication
After Activate Garmin inReach, if you wish to send the messages from inReach to inReach then you can do it easily via the inReach address.
We would like to tell you that, to every inReach user a unique address is assigned. Hence, you just need to enter the recipient address and click on Send.
How To Fix Delayed Activation On inReach Explorer and SE?
After you Activate Garmin inReach Mini, you will need to take your device outside in an open sky to complete the activation. If your inReach Garmin Software is taking much more time than expected, here are the troubleshooting steps.
- Go to the official website of Garmin and enter the login credentials.
- Click on the “Account” tab to proceed further.
- Click on the button “View Devices”.
- Have a look at the inReach device record and you need to make sure that the “Service Plan” field is showing a plan and not stuck on Garmin inReach Activation. If the plan is stuck while Activate Garmin inReach then you would need to contact Garmin inReach Customer Service experts.
- Turn OFF the device first and then turn it ON again if you want to go outside.
If you have tried the above-given methods but unable to resolve the issue then you would need to perform a soft reset.
- While outside, you would need to press and hold down the arrows and the X button to turn OFF the device.
- Turn ON the device again and try to reattempt the over-the-air activation.
To Activate Garmin inReach, you would need to create an account first on the Garmin official website. After that, turn ON the device and complete the instructions. In this guide, we have mentioned all the steps to complete the inReach activation with some troubleshooting tips. Even after that, if there is something that is revolving around your head then dial the Garmin Helpline Number now.