Some users have found that Garmin Express Not Working and they are unable to install Garmin Express on their computer devices.
Are you also experiencing the same problem?
You can download Garmin Express for both Windows and macOS and it is completely free. Using Garmin Express, you can easily update and manage your device.
A lot of Windows users recently complained that they are not able to install Garmin Express.
We are going to mention some possible solutions to get rid of the issue. Let’s try them one by one:
Why Does Garmin Express Not Working?
1. Make Sure Your Device Met System Requirements
If you are unable to install Garmin Express to your Windows computer, the system requirements could be the main reason why Garmin Express Not Working. Make sure your device configuration supports the system requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 7 SP1 or updated version, Microsoft .NET 4.5.2
- Display: 1024 x 768 display with a USB port
- Hard Disk Space: You need up to 20 GB of free space
- High-speed Internet: At least 20 Mbps
- RAM: 1 GB
Now, you need to check the specifications of the device. If some of the requirements didn’t meet then update it immediately.
If you have found that the system’s requirements are satisfied, jump to the next troubleshooting solution.
Let us tell you until Garmin Express will not works, Garmin Gps Update is not possible and hence device stops functioning well.
2. Update Windows & Application
You need to be sure that you are installing the latest version of the application. If you are unable to launch the installed Garmin Express, update it now.
You can check the latest updates on the official website, if found any, download and reinstall the latest version.
You need to check the same for your Windows application, if it is not updated, do it now:
- To open the settings, press Windows + I.
- Go to “Update & Security” and then “Windows Update”.
- Click on “Check for updates” in the right pane and install the available update by following all on-screen instructions.
3. Use Compatibility Mode If Garmin Express Not Working
If you have found that Garmin Express Not Working, perhaps your Windows current version doesn’t support the application.
So, run the program or the installer in compatibility mode using the following steps:
- You need to click Right on the installer or launcher of Garmin Express and select “Properties”.
- Switch to the “Compatibility” tab.
- Now, check “Run this program in compatibility mode for”, and select a Windows version from the list.
- If you want, you can check the option of “Run this program as an administrator”.
- Now, click “Apply”
- Click on “OK” to save the changes.
Then, launch the program/installer to run/install Garmin Express again to see if the issue has been fixed or not.
4. Install the Latest .NET Framework
There are chances that the “Garmin Express Not Working“ issue might have some relation with .NET Framework.
To fix this issue, install the latest .NET framework required by the software.
Apply these steps to do so:
- Go to the “Control Panel”
- Now, go to “Programs” and select “Programs and Features”.
- Tap on “Turn Windows features on or off” in the left pane.
- Turn Off all the items containing .NET Framework by unchecking all the boxes in the pop-up window.
- Now, click OK.
- Visit the official download page of .NET Framework.
- From here, select the updated version to download.
- Now, install it according to the onscreen instructions.
5. Remove Corrupted Configuration Files Of Garmin
If Garmin Express is unable to launch on your Windows computer, maybe the configuration files are corrupted.
Hence, you need to delete all these configuration files and fix it when Garmin Update Software:
- Press “Windows + R” to open the Run Window on your desktop.
- If you want to open the Local folder in File Explorer quickly, enter %localappdata%.
- Search for the Garmin folder named with _or_its_subsid and then delete it.
Now, restart the computer and check if Garmin Express is working properly or not.
At the end of this article, it can be said that if your Garmin Express Not Working, a number of reasons could be responsible for the same. In this guide, we have included all the troubleshooting steps to fix the problem. If you need some more help, get in touch with our team of experts today.