What’s the use of a comb when it failed to comb the hair? The same question arises for GPS. There is no use for any GPS device when it failed to show the right path. This is the troubleshooting article where we are going to discuss “Garmin Gps Not Showing Roads”.
You can apply all the steps if your:
Garmin GPS is missing a location, street, etc
- The GPS device is showing the wrong address
- You are unable to navigate to any specific location
- The Garmin GPS device is suggesting bad routes, non-existing roads, or close exists.
Along with that, you are also going to learn how to fix when Garmin Gps Not Starting Up. So, show some excitement and read the guide carefully.
Methods to Fix When Garmin Gps Not Showing Roads
If you have just found that your Garmin GPS device has stopped showing roads, update your device, submit a correction through the device, or ask the expert to help you. To understand it more clearly, follow the below-given steps:
1. Update Garmin Gps
It is very necessary to update the Gps device to the latest version. It is for the proper working of the device.
We all know that roads have been constructed and maps are changing continuously. So, if you want a hassle-free travel experience, Garmin Gps Update is required.
Coming back to the topic, an outdated GPS device could be responsible for why Garmin Gps Not Showing Maps.
You can update the Garmin GPS using the below-given steps:
- To start the process, connect the GPS device to the computer. Before connecting, make sure it is completely charged.
- You can connect the GPS using a USB cable. Make sure your device has a stable internet connection.
- If you are doing it for the very first time, you need to create a Garmin account first.
- Now, you need to download and install Garmin Express to your device to complete the update for your Garmin.
- Once the software will be installed on your device, you can access or purchase the map updates. After the update, you can remove the GPS device from the computer and put it back in your vehicle.
2. Submit a Correction Via Your Device
If you have completed the update for your Garmin device but still Garmin Gps Not Showing Roads then you can submit the error to your manufacturer.
They will look into the issue and let you know what goes wrong.
If you are still facing any errors, ask our team of dedicated experts to help you. In a quick possible time, your Garmin GPS will start showing roads.
How To Fix When Gps Not Starting Up?
While driving through unknown territory, a Garmin GPS device can be a very powerful tool. But, what if the Garmin Gps Won’t Turn On?
Follow the below-given steps to resolve the error in Nuvi 30, 40, or 50 Series.
1. Reboot the Device
- Remove the device from the power source first.
- Now, you have to long-press the lower right corner of the touchscreen. Keep your finger on the Gps device and turn it ON alongside.
- Wait until you do not see the option of “Erase all data”.
- Tap on “Yes”.
- Now, follow all the on-screen to complete the reboot process.
- Following these steps will fix it when Garmin Gps Not Starting Up.
2. Fix the Software Glitch
- There could be some software glitch that is responsible for why Garmin GPS Not Working.
- Now, download and install the USB driver for your Windows.
- Download the recovery file and application for your Garmin device. You can also save these items for later use.
- On the top of the Updater.exe portion of the Recovery Application, drag and drop the RGN file. Doing this, the Recovery Application will be launched.
- On the Garmin touch, long press the upper hand corner.
- Now, connect the GPS device to your computer using a minim USB cable and keep a finger on the screen alongside.
- There is a button next to “USB Device”, tap on it and click OK.
- Remove the finger from the touchscreen.
- Wait until the Garmin software will not be updated successfully.
- After Garmin Gps Map Update, remove the device from the computer and connect it back to your vehicle.
While using the GPS device, sometimes it stops working due to one or other reasons. In this guide, we have mentioned all the steps to why Garmin Gps Not Showing Roads and how to fix it. We have also told you all the troubleshooting steps why Garmin Gps Not Starting Up. If you still need some help, get in touch with our team of experts today!