Are you worried because Garmin Gps Not Working After Update?
We have a solution for you!
Before we jump into the “How to fix a Garmin that isn’t working” section, let’s first understand what the problem is.
Like any other electronic device, Garmin GPS devices are subject to some technical issues that can cause this problem.
The problem may be due to hardware or software failure. You can find many related terms on the internet to tie this problem together.
Troubleshooting When Garmin Gps Not Working After Update
These are the simple steps to take to fix the “Garmin Gps Not Working After Update” problem.
- First, make sure your Garmin device is charged. If you have recently charged your device, you can perform a hard reset process on it. This process will erase everything from your device.
- To perform a hard reset, unplug the device from the power outlet.
- Now press the power button at the bottom right corner of the device. Press and hold it for a few seconds, then place your finger on the device’s screen.
- Tap Yes on the screen and follow the device’s on-screen instructions to restart your Garmin device. By doing this, a master reset will erase all software-related issues from your device.
- Now make sure that the GPS antenna is properly connected to the device.
- Once the process is complete, check if the device is working properly.
If the above methods do not improve the current condition of your GPS device, try removing the Garmin GPS Update and consider reinstalling it.
To do this, follow the steps above to reset your device again and connect it to your computer using a USB cable.
- Download the Garmin Update Software i.e Garmin Express app on your laptop/PC, then register your device with it and let it check for the latest updates for your Garmin device.
- If you can’t find the Garmin Map Update dashboards here, select the home icon. It is located in the upper left corner of the Express Software window. Then select the “Install” button and wait for the device to update.
- Problems are sometimes hard to find and it takes an expert eye to locate them on your GPS device
How To Prevent Garmin Express From Not working After Update
- From the Start menu, open the Run window and enter “services.msc” in the search field. Click “Enter”.
- Pressing ENTER on your keyboard will bring up a new window. In this window, find the “Garmin Core Update Service” option and right-click on it.
- Then click to select Properties and then click on the Login tab. A new window opens; there will be a radio button called “This Account”, click on that button.
- In the Account field, type Network service. Be sure to remove/delete any passwords you entered from the fields provided.
- Click “OK” on the following steps/prompts to indicate your consent until the “Apply” button appears, which will save your latest settings.
- Now right-click Garmin Gps Update again and click Stop. Stay in this window and repeat; right-click, but this time select Start instead of Stop from the sub-menu.
Following these steps and using these options will no doubt solve your Garmin GPS Not Working issue.
There are a few other tips that you can try to resolve the issue.
Disable all Security Settings, AntiVirus, and Firewalls
Disabling any third-party security software you have installed, such as antivirus, trojan removal, firewall, etc., will also work for you.
Sometimes strict firewall settings prevent you from running recently downloaded update files. The path to the Garmin Express application may be blocked.
To prevent this, temporarily disable all these security programs.
Of course, you can re-enable them once you will fix the Garmin Gps Not Working After Update issue.
Check out these steps:
- From the Start menu; go to the Control Panel and select Microsoft Security Essentials from the list that appears.
- Click “Settings” followed by Real-time protection; it will redirect you to the next page.
- Uncheck the Enable real-time protection check box.
- Finally, click on the “Save Changes” button to finish.
If you have followed all the steps in the same order, restart the GPS device now.
Gps devices are necessary for the proper working of any device. In this above guide, we have explained how to fix it when Garmin Gps Not Working After Update. If you need some more help, get in touch with our team of dedicated experts today.