How would you feel when your Garmin Gps Stopped Working at the time you needed it most? Isn’t it so frustrating huh?
If you are tired of searching for the right troubleshooting steps on the web, here is the article to do so.
There is no doubt in the fact that Garmin provides one of the best Gps devices of the decade. But, it’s also a man-made thing and has some glitches.
First, we need to find out why our Garmin GPS device is not working. There are various reasons that might be responsible for the same. It could be poor satellite signal, low device battery, a frozen screen, outdated GPS device, etc.
As a matter of fact, there are some tips and tricks that can be followed to resolve the issue. So, read the guide thoroughly and fix the problem.
Universal Solution To Fix Garmin Gps Stopped Working Issue
One of the foremost things one should do when their GPS stopped working is to Reset Garmin Gps—resetting the GPS device fixes almost everything.
Once you reset the Garmin device, it will delete all the running programs, give your device a break and your device will be like a new one.
Want to know how to reset a Garmin GPS device? Follow the below-given steps:
How to Reset a Garmin GPS Device?
If your Garmin Gps Stopped Working, you should reset the device as it will make subtle changes in the current settings, and erase them. This will give your device a new start.
Now, there are two easy ways that you can reset your Garmin device to fix the Garmin Gps not Working issue:
You can reset Garmin GPS in the following ways:
- Garmin GPS Soft Reset
- Garmin GPS Hard Reset
1. Soft Reset Garmin GPS device:
Follow the below-given steps to soft reset the Garmin Gps device:
- Find the Power button on your GPS device.
- Turn off the Gps device by long pressing the power button.
- Once the device starts again, you need to release the button.
- You can check the Garmin logo to see if the device has been restarted again.
Garmin Gps Soft Reset will quickly rectify any temporary glitch and resolve it easily.
2. Hard Reset Garmin GPS device
Follow the below-given steps to Hard reset the Garmin Gps device:
- Remove all the devices connected to the Garmin GPS and cables.
- You will find a small reset button at the back of the device.
- With the help of a tiny object like a pin, long press this button.
- Soon the device will restart and until then don’t release the button.
- After hard resetting the GPS device, you can release the button.
- Restart the device and check if still your Garmin Gps Stopped Working.
If you have other Gps Garmin models like Forerunner, Garmin Nuvi, etc the hard reset option is available with touchscreen. Long press the right corner of the device and do follow all the instructions to complete the job.
Note: Let us tell you that performing a hard reset will delete all the saved data, saved passwords, local settings, favorites, or any other customization.
Troubleshooting Some Common Garmin Gps Problems
While using the Garmin Gps device, sometimes we have to go through some issues. So, if you are also the one whose Garmin GPS Not Turn On, check out the issues with their troubleshooting methods.
1. How To Fix Frozen Garmin Gps Touchscreen
If your Garmin GPS Touch Screen Not Working it means that the touchscreen of the device is not calibrated.
To calibrate the screen, follow the below-given steps:
- Go to “Menu”>“ Option”> “ System”> “ calibration.”
- Tap on the “calibration” option.
- This will resolve the Garmin Gps Stopped Working issue.
- Now, perform a soft reset and see if the issue is resolved or not.
2. No Sound In Garmin Gps Device
Follow the below-given steps to fix the no sound issue from your GPS device:
- The wires of the speakers should be properly connected to the Gps device.
- Check the volume level by pressing the “+” sign.
- If your device is set on mute then change it.
- Tap on the “OSD” on the remote control panel.
- Now, adjust the “Option” and then “Audio” to check the settings.
A number of reasons could be responsible for why Garmin Gps Stopped Working. In this guide, we have mentioned all the troubleshooting methods for the same. If you need some more help then get in touch with our team of experts today.