Getting the latest Garmin Map Update for your Gps device is very crucial. This will help your device to improve the Gps accuracy and the recent data for roads, streets, signage, or anywhere you want to travel.
Also, it is recommended that you should update your Gps device after a regular interval of time. Suppose, you haven’t updated your Gps device and you are traveling to the road having significant changes in it. But, you will not get the right path on your outdated old maps.
So, read this guide completely with the help of which you can complete the Garmin Gps Update.
If you are dealing with any kind of confusion, dial the given helpline numbers now. Our team of technical experts can troubleshoot the problem in a short possible time.
What Are The Requirements For Garmin Map Update?
To complete the Garmin Gps Map Update, you would require a few things that we have mentioned below.
- Garmin Gps device
- Compatible USB data cable
- Micro SD card to transfer the data
- Pc or Mac whichever device you are having right now
- Garmin Gps Software i.e Garmin Express
- Lifetime subscription of NuMAPS, if applicable
How To Do The Garmin Gps Update?
You can complete the update of your Gps device via two easy ways:
- If you want to update the Gps without using the computer, you can use the wifi feature on your Garmin.
- To complete the Garmin Map Update on your computer, you can use Garmin Gps Software.
Now, we are going to explain each and everything in a little detail. In case you need any kind of help then do call our experts now. They know and everything about Gps devices.
How To Update Garmin Gps Via Wifi?
If you don’t want to update your Garmin with the Garmin Software, here are the steps to complete the update process via wifi.
- First, you need to connect your Gps with the available wifi network. So, open the settings on your device and click on “wifi networks”.
- Once your device is connected with the wifi, click on “check for updates”. All the available updates will show up on the settings icon.
- From the settings choose “updates”.
- Select from the below-given options:
- To install all the available updates, click on “install all”.
- If you do want to install only the map updates, choose a map and then tap on install.
- To complete the software firmware update, click on “software” and then tap on install.
- Now, you will see the license agreements on the screen. So, click on “accept all” to agree.
- Don’t forget to connect the Gps device with the charger so that update will not be canceled in between.
- Once the update is completed, remove the USB cable and put it back to the vehicle.
Facing any kind of issue while doing Garmin Map Update? Do call on the given helpline number now.
Steps To Complete Garmin Express Map Update
To update the Gps device with the help of Garmin Express follow all the steps given below. Let us tell you that Garmin Express is software designed by the company so that one can easily update their device.
- First, you have to connect your computer with the available good speed internet connection.
- Open the current web browser and then download the file of Garmin Express to your computer device. If you are a Mac user, click on “Download for Mac”, if you are a windows user, click on “update for windows”.
- Install the software to your computer which may take a few minutes so have patience.
- Once the software is completely installed, connect the Gps device to the computer via USB cable.
- Before connecting the device, you have to make sure that it is fully charged.
- Open the software and click on the option to complete Garmin Map Update.
- This process may take some time so wait until the maps will not be completely updated.
- Remove the device from the computer once the process will be completed.
What Are The Ways To Get Garmin Nuvi Update For Free?
If you are having a Garmin Nuvi device at your place and you want to update it. Do follow the below-given steps:
- Firstly, you have to visit the official site of Garmin to download the Garmin Express software.
- Choose the option to download Garmin Gps Software for Windows or Mac.
- Begin the process to download the file to your computer.
- When you open the file, you will see the license agreement, click on “continue”.
- With the help of a USB cable, connect the Garmin device with the computer.
- Tap on “get started”, after doing that so, click on “Add a device”.
- Now, you just need to follow all the on-screen instructions to complete the Garmin Nuvi Map Update.
- Complete the Garmin Map Update which may take an hour or less. Until then do not remove the device from the computer.
How To Check The Current Version Of Garmin Gps Device?
With the help of the below-given steps, you can quickly check the currently installed version of the Gps device.
- First, you need to turn on the Garmin unit.
- Tap on the tools icons.
- Open the settings and click on Map.
- Now, tap on info.
- When you open that section, the name of your device appears there.
- To enable the mapping on your Garmin Gps device, you can checkmark.
In case, you are still facing any kind of issue while doing the update of Garmin, do call on the given helpline numbers now.
Updating a device could be a little tough if you are doing this for the first time but it is necessary though. In this article, we have given all the steps via which you can easily do Garmin Map Update.
Even after following the guide, if you have any confusion then you can ask our experts directly. They are having more than 10 years of experience in this field. You can reach them anytime you want. Just dial the helpline numbers and your Gps device will be updated.