Are you worried because Garmin Not Connecting To iPhone? Most people start facing the issue soon after they update their smartphones. Have you recently updated it?
No need to be worried if your Garmin stopped working with your iPhone. There could be a number of different reasons behind the issue.
In this guide, we are going to tell you how to fix it when Garmin GPS stopped connecting to the iPhone and how to update the GPS device.
So, move forward and start following the steps mentioned below.
Steps To Fix Garmin Not Connecting To iPhone
If your Garmin GPS device is not connecting to your ios device, a lot of reasons could be responsible.
- The device is not syncing with the Garmin app.
- Bluetooth stopped working or turned off.
- Wrong device settings.
Garmin Troubleshooting Solutions
1. If your Garmin device is unable to sync with the Garmin connection app, make sure you have an updated version. If not, you can easily update the app from the App Store.
2. While launching the Garmin App, if the message is showing that “Bluetooth is turned off”, follow the below steps:
- Open the “Settings” from the iPhone.
- Go to the Bluetooth section and slide it to turn ON.
For the best experience within Garmin, you can also turn on the location.
3. If you are unable to receive any notifications on your Garmin App GPS then follow the below-given steps:
- Go to the “Settings” section and turn ON the Bluetooth.
- Moving further, you will see a number of devices.
- Click on the “My Garmin” icon from the given list there.
- Slide on to turn ON “Share System Notifications”
- Check if the issue gets resolved or still Garmin Not Connecting To iPhone.
4. After doing so, go through the message settings:
- Go to the notifications section and turn it ON.
- Check the options and enable all the settings.
- Enable “show previews” for “Default”.
You will receive the notification on the Garmin device when you leave it in idle condition.
We really hope that your device might have started working now. For better and proper condition, a regular Garmin Gps Update is quite necessary for the device.
Moving ahead, let’s find out how to update the Garmin GPS device.
How To Do Garmin Gps Map Updates?
If you want to know about Garmin Gps Map Update, follow the below-given steps:
- It is very necessary to download the Garmin Gps Software on your device to complete the Garmin Update.
- Connect the Gps device to your computer using any USB cable.
- Your Garmin GPS device should be completely charged before connecting it.
- Once you connect the Garmin GPS to the computer, Garmin Express will find your device automatically.
- The express software will tell you if there is any update available for your device.
- Tap on “Update” and wait until it will not be completed. The process may take a couple of hours.
- You just need to follow all the on-screen instructions.
- Once the Garmin Express Map Update will be completed, restart your device.
- After the update, remove the device from the computer and put it back in your vehicle.
You have successfully updated your GPS device. For more, ask the experts to help you.
1. What Is Garmin Express?
Garmin Express is software that will help to update the Gps device and ensure whether your device is updated or not. With the help of Garmin Gps Update Software, it is quite easy to register the device and receive regular updates.
2. Can I Update Garmin Without Using a Computer?
Actually, it depends. If your Garmin device supports wifi then you can easily sync the GPS device directly with your computer over your wifi.
If you are having an old GPS device, you can’t update the GPS without a cable connection.
3. What To Do When Garmin Not Recognized By Your Computer?
There are a number of different reasons that could be responsible for the issue. Try to fix the error, using the below-given steps:
- Make sure your device has a secure connection.
- Connect the USB cable into a different slot on the computer.
- Change the USB cable as there are some cables that won’t transfer any data.
- Restart the computer and they try again.
- It is recommended to use the home computer instead of an office computer. It is because some office computers won’t allow any external devices to connect to the system.
If your Garmin Not Connecting To iPhone, it is a must to check the Bluetooth connection. In the above guide, we have mentioned all the steps to resolve the issue. We have also mentioned all the steps required to update the Garmin device. Even after following the guide, if you are facing any issue then get in touch with our experts.