There is no Garmin user who hasn’t praised its great features. Also, this device is very easy to use for anyone. We know that you are also thinking about why this device is showing some errors if it is best in the crowd. Before moving to that point, we would like to tell you that in this guide we are going to tell you how to do Garmin Nuvi Map Update.
Are you thinking why?
Let us tell you that when we start using the Gps device, we may sometimes have to deal with certain issues. Have you ever thought about why these issues occur?
After a certain interval of time, the Garmin makers used to release the updated version of their software. Hence, if you will not complete the Garmin Gps Map Update, you have to deal with the issues like Garmin Gps Not Working, Garmin Gps Not Charging, etc.
So, come with us so that we will help you to complete the Nuvi update.
Why Garmin Nuvi Map Update Is Necessary?
You won’t believe but a single update brings many changes to your device that includes the following points:
- 1. Fix Bugs: When you complete any Garmin Map Update, it fixes the bugs and secures your pocket.
- 2. Additional Features: With each Garmin Nuvi Update, you will be able to benefit from added features.
- 3. Improved Device Performance: After the Gps update, the overall performance of the device will get improved.
This is why it is necessary to update your device soon you will get the notification of a new update version.
Things You Should Keep In Mind While Doing Garmin Nuvi Map Update
While doing the Garmin Update, there are certain points that you should keep in your mind. So, read the below-given points carefully for a successful update of the Garmin Nuvi device.
- Before or after the update of the Garmin Gps device, do not reset it.
- Make sure that no satellite or map is running while doing the Garmin Gps Update.
- Don’t forget to do the Garmin Express Map Update.
- Verify that the update is available for your Garmin model or not.
If you will take all the above mentioned points into the consideration, it would be easy for you to complete the Garmin Nuvi Update.
How To Update Garmin Nuvi via Garmin Express?
No matter whether you are looking for a paid or free Garmin Nuvi Map Update, it is necessary to Install Garmin Express.
Below, we are going to tell you how to complete the update in a few quick steps. Are you ready?
- First, you have to connect your computer device with the available network connection.
- After doing this, go to the official website of Garmin and download the latest Garmin Update Software supported by your device.
- When the file will be downloaded, you need to complete the installation process.
- Once the Garmin Express will be installed, reboot your computer device.
- Do charge your Garmin Nuvi device completely and connect it to the computer via USB cable.
- Launch the Garmin Express and complete the registration process.
- When the Garmin software will be open, select the updates and then click on “install”.
- When your device will be updated, remove the Gps device from the computer.
How To Update Garmin Nuvi Via MyGarmin Account?
If you don’t want to complete the update via Garmin Express, you can do the same via your MyGarmin account too.
To complete the update via MyGarmin, you first need to create an account first. In case you don’t know anything about how to create a Garmin account then do call our technicians now.
They will let you know how to download the account. In addition to that, you will also be provided all the steps necessary to complete the Garmin Nuvi Update.
After doing so, do follow all the steps that have been mentioned below.
- Connect your computer device to the internet and open the web browser.
- Now. go to the official account of Garmin Gps.
- With the help of the given USB cable, connect your Garmin with the computer.
- With the help of a username and password, log into the Garmin account.
- To explore all the updates, you have to register the Garmin Nuvi device.
- Once your device will be registered, you can now save all the required updates.
- Now, you need to replace all the old map files with the new ones.
How To Install Garmin Nuvi Maps Via My Garmin?
- To install the Garmin Nuvi Map Update, you first have to connect your Pc with the MyGarmin Account.
- Open the downloaded folder there and search for all the downloaded files.
- Do Run the file.
- Now, you will have to follow all the on-screen instructions.
- Wait until the process will be completed.
After a while, you will receive the message that “ready to update your maps”. This is how your Gps maps will be ready to update.
Above in this guide, we have told your each and everything related to the Garmin Nuvi Update. In case, you are still unaware of the process then do call our experts now.
How To Do Nuvi Update From Other Sources?
If you do want to complete the Garmin GPS Update Maps from other sources, do follow the methods provided below.
1. Let’s First Understand How This Process Works Actually
If you have recently noticed that your Garmin Gps Software is not working, you can also update your Gps via OpenStreetMap.
- First, you need to download it as a .img file and then rename it into the gmapsupp.img.
- Unusually, you will only have one file on your Gps device at one time. With the help of which the new Garmin device will be allowed for multiple .img files.
2. Download Free Map Image File
- Connect your computer device with the computer and open the official website of OpenStreetMap.
- Below the option of “complete OSM data”, click on “complete”.
- Now, you will have to wait until your file will not be downloaded properly.
3. Connect Garmin Nuvi With The Computer
After following all the above-mentioned steps, now you will have to connect the Garmin Gps device with the computer via USB cable.
In case, you have installed the Garmin Software on your computer device, you don’t need to use it now. Also, remove the SD card from your Gps device, and instead of it, connect it to the computer.
4. Put The Garmin Nuvi into the “USB Mass Storage” Mode
This will help to complete the Garmin Nuvi Update by allowing you to copy the files to and from the Gps device. Most of the Garmin Gps devices themselves start in USB Mass Storage mode when you connect them with the computer.
- Open the main menu of Garmin Nuvi
- Click on “setup”
- Choose “interface”
- Select there USB
- After doing that so, you just need to open the Garmin storage on your computer device.
5. Open The Garmin Or Map Folder
The location of this folder may vary according to your mode. Now, you just have to copy and paste the file into the Garmin folder.
Once the process of Garmin Nuvi Update will be completed, do remove the device from the computer and connect it back to your vehicle.
In this guide, we have explained to you all the steps necessary to complete the Garmin Nuvi Update. In case you are dealing with any kind of issue while doing the update, do call on the given helpline numbers now.