Are you looking for the Magellan GPS How To Update process? Updating the GPS device periodically is very necessary for GPS users. If you will not update the GPS, you will have to face several problems.
You may end up struggling on an unknown path. If you don’t want to go through such trouble, do update the GPS device now. In this guide, we are going to tell you everything that is required to complete the update.
Points To Remember Before Doing Magellan GPS How To Update
We hope that all of you are much familiar with the fact that why we need to update the GPS device. Before moving forward towards the steps to complete the Magellan Gps Map Update, let’s know some points that are required to remember. Here is the list of the points:
- There are many GPS devices that are not compatible with Magellan Gps Update Software. In case you are also having that GPS device then you first have to install the Content Manager. Without the content manager, it is impossible to update your GPS.
- Do not turn off your computer or do not remove the plug from your GPS device until the update process will not be completed. If possible then connect your computer in presence of any UPS or other back device.
- Make sure that your wifi device is working perfectly. If you find anything wrong with your internet connection, contact your network service providers.
Now, we can freely move towards the steps required to complete the Magellan GPS How To Update.
How Do You Complete the Magellan Map Update Process?
We have given some of the quick methods via which you can easily update your Magellan GPS device. Let’s follow all the steps one by one.
- Before you proceed towards the process to complete the Magellan Updates, fully charge your GPS device.
- If you haven’t downloaded the Magellan Software yet then download the file to your computer. After doing that so, install it completely to complete the process for Magellan GPS How To Update.
- When you find that your GPS software has been completely downloaded, log into the account with your id and password. In case you don’t have a Magellan GPS account then go to the official website of Magellan and visit its main page. Click on “create account” and then follow all the instructions given on the screen.
- After doing that, connect your GPS device with the computer via USB cable. When it is connected to the computer, you will get a notification on your screen. If it has not connected yet then make sure that you have turned on the GPS device.
- In the system tray, you will see the flashing icon of Content Manager, click right on it. Click on the “check for updates” icon. If you will find any software updates, you will get notified with a pop-up message.
- To instantly download and install the Magellan Roadmate Map Update, click on “get now”. When you find that the installation process has been completed, remove your GPS device from the computer.
For Paid Update, Follow The Steps Given Below
Maybe some of you want to get a paid Magellan GPS update, in this case, follow the steps given below.
- On the main page of the Magellan website, click on the “map” tab flashing there.
- From the drop-down menu, you need to choose your GPS model.
- Now, you just have to choose a map upgrade that you need to add to your device. To complete the purchase, you need to follow all the on-screen instructions given on your screen.
- After doing that so, launch the content manager on your computer device and connect your GPS with the computer.
- Click right on the icon of the content manager and select “sync purchase features content”.
- To initiate the downloading process, follow all the instructions given on your screen. Soon the process for Magellan GPS How To Update will be completed. Remove your device from the computer and put it back into your vehicle.
What Are The Steps To Update Magellan Roadmate 1200 Update?
It’s very easy to update the Magellan Roadmate 1200 Update device if you will do follow the steps given below:
- Before you will update the map, don’t forget to remove the SD card from your Magellan GPS device.
- After doing that, make sure that you have connected your computer device with a stable and high-speed internet connection. There you need to choose mass storage mode.
- Install the file to your computer device and then follow all the instructions given to you. Wait for a while until you will not detect your current model of GPS.
- Select your GPS model and then proceed further to complete Magellan Roadmate 1200 Update.
- Wait until the Magellan device will not be updated. Once your GPS device will be updated, remove it from the computer device.
Last Two Words…
We would like to summarize this article on Magellan GPS How To Update. We have told you what are the requirements and what steps you need to follow to fix the issue. Even after trying all the steps, if you still don’t know how to update your Magellan GPS device then do call Magellan GPS customer service.
For any kind of GPS-related issues, they are round the clock available for you. You just have to dial the helpline numbers given on your screen and our team will get to you at the very next moment.